Monday, April 12, 2010
Can u believe its already April
Wow, sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. Since my maternity leave from work I rarely get on the computer anymore since I don't have Internet at home. Well Rylee Michelle came 3 days before her due date on Tuesday March 9, 2010. My water broke early that morning at 3:30am in the morning. So I got up took a shower and starting cleaning my house. Haha! I know it sounds funny but I had a home birth so I had lots of people coming over. I started having contractions around six or seven am. Then by 8am my mom and sister arrived. Then my midwife arrived around 10 or 11am. By 11:30 I was dilated to a four. Then dilated to a 10 by 1:30pm. So by 1:30 I was like wow I'm already fully dilated that was fast. So I was so excited that she would be out soon. But then I kept pushing and pushing and a few hours went by and still no Rylee. :( I was starting to get tired and was tired of pushing already. Then they said they could see her hair so that she's right there. She wasn't crowning yet though. So I kept pushing and pushing. Then by 5:30pm we decided that she just wasn't going to come out. 4 hrs of pushing is alot and boy was I exhausted by this time. So I got in the car and we rushed to the hospital. By 6pm or so I was in my room at the hospital and the doctor said yeah she's not going to come out because she is not coming out of your pelvis right and her head is back instead of being down. So we are going to have to do an emergency C-section. I was so happy to hear this because I could not push any more. By this time I was having contractions like every minute or sooner. So I went to the operating room still contracting the whole time even though they gave me medicine to stop them they didn't stop or the pain didn't go away. The anesthesiologist was trying to give me an epidural and I was still contracting. Then 20 minutes later she was born at 7:14pm. Thankgodness everything went smoothly and she was healthy and finally out. :)She weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and her length was 20 1/2 inches long. She is now 5 weeks old tomorrow and doing wonderful. She probably weighs around 9lbs or so. She slept thru the night yesterday for the first time Yay!!! She has been holding her head up since the first week and now likes to sit up as long as you hold her and she looks around everywhere. She is so observant and loves to just look at things. In one month she acts so big I can't believe she is only one month old. Being a mother is wonderful and I just love being home with her everyday. I healed very nicely and within a week or so I was back to my old self. In two weeks I was only 7lbs away from my start weight. I am going back to work in May just a few days a week part time. So I am excited about that to be getting out of the house more. Pattie my mother in law is going to be watching her while I work. She just lives around the block from me so its really nice. Well hope everyone has a blessed week. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love your story! So glad I was able to see you right after cause I was soooo worried about you! I love you girl.
ReplyDelete