Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines' Day is over :(

Well it has been a very busy and snowy week. We got 12.5 inches of snow here in Dallas/Fort Worth area and broke many records. The most we usually ever see is 1/2 inches that melts very soon after and usually doesn't stick. Not this snow it was nice and thick and beautiful!! I felt like I was in Colorado or something. It actually snowed last Thursday and we still have some in some areas and its Monday now. What a wonderful gift for Valentines' Day! It was nice until we lost power Thursday night and didn't get it back on until Saturday afternoon. So we stayed the night at his grandmother's house for one nite and came home to pack our bags for another night and luckily it was back on in time for Valentines' Day. :) Well I am 36weeks along now!! Which is 9 months so exactly one month to go!! Whoooo-hoooo!! So excited that time has gone by so fast. Seriously I could so do this again a few times. Being pregnant was so easy and you get to eat alot and people don't yell at you. :) haha! I haven't weighed myself lately but I am probably gained around 30-35 pounds. I will weigh in tomorrow and know for sure at my midwife appointment. I have been feeling pretty great and my energy level is up alot. Feet are swollen a little and have plus 1 edema in ankles. But other than that I just feel like I have a watermelon in my belly haha! Rylee Michelle like to get the hiccups once a day usually and moves the most in the afternoons. We like to play with her and when she kicks me or pokes me we push back harder and she pushes back again. Mark likes to play that game with her. So cute!! Well we are getting more and more prepared for her to be here. Her nursery is complete. Besides hanging her name on the wall and putting her new mobile up and chandelier. Still a few things that are on the list that we need and a few things to exchange. Need to find a pediatrician still but have a few that are referred to me from Baylor. Need to start getting everything on my birthing kit list so if she decides to come early we will be ready for her. I want to get another ultra sound so I see how big she is and make sure everything is right on track. Also wanting to sign up for a breastfeeding class at Baylor Hospital that they offer for those who have taken their child birth Lamaze class. Mark for Valentines Day got me a angel necklace with Rylee's birthstone in the middle of it and a mini heart shaped cookie cake. :)Then he took me to dinner at Outback Steakhouse and I got steak and shrimp. Yum!!! Then came back home to watch the movie Couples Retreat. So it has been a very long week of snowy weather and power outages. So glad everything is getting back to normal. I am working two more weeks and then I will have off two weeks before Rylee's due date to get things in order and rest. Maybe she will come early for me during that time. Well hope everyone has a fabulous week and until next time. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment